Life can get stressful; it is not easy having it all together always. The saying “when it rain it pours” sometimes couldn’t be more true
We have to do lists, errands to run, work projects with deadlines, meals to cook, appointments to make and keep. I can go down a rabbit hole of the things we have to get done- its endless. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed at times we all go through this wave of emotions. No matter what life throws your way hopefully some of these tips can ease the stress.
20 Methods of calming the mind your mind when you feel overwhelmed
- Get a massage: Release all that build build up tension. Massage therapy has been shown to be a means by which stress can be reduced significantly on physical and psychological levels.
- Take a nap: 15 to 30 minute naps are shown to refresh the mind.
- Use aromatherapy: Has the ability to reduce stress, agitation, and anxiety.
- Phone a friend: Letting everything out and expressing what you are feeling. It’s important to not bottle up your emptions and not being afraid as for advice.
- Get out in Nature: Grounding also called earthing, is a therapeutic technique that involves doing activities that “ground” or electrically reconnect you to the earth. This practice relies on earthing science and grounding physics to explain how electrical charges from the earth can have positive effects on your body.
- Journal: Writing your thoughts will help organize and express the wave of emotions.
- Box Breathing: Step 1: Breathe in counting to four slowly. Feel the air enter your lungs. Step 2: Hold your breath for 4 seconds. Try to avoid inhaling or exhaling for 4 seconds. Step 3: Slowly exhale through your mouth for 4 seconds. Step 4: Repeat steps 1 to 3 until you feel re-centered.
- Turn off technology: Technology addiction is real. … Turning off social media and learning how to live in the moment
- Madidate: Take deep breathes
- Take a Bubble Bath: Soak in a bath of Epsom Salt, drink some wine and watch a show while enjoying a warm bath
- Take a drive: taking a drive for some reason always clears the mind. Roll the windows down and put your favorite tunes
- Write a poem or music: If you are a creative soul put your thoughts on paper. create a poem or song on what you are feeling.
- Organize your space: a clear space = a clear mind
- Spend time with your pet: Pets are a persons best companion
- Color: Grab your pencil and colors and draw!
- Read a book: A book is an escape to our regular life. We get to tap into a new world
- Draw: Make it an activity
- Exercise: Nothing like a good workout to de-stress and let it all out
- sit outside and sip your favorite drink: Enjoy the outdoors and the nature around
- Netflix and chill: Start a new show or watch your favorite rom-com with the girls